[mythtv] svn 9324: unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 11 18:12:14 UTC 2006

On 03/11/2006 09:01 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> i just built my backends and frontends and now the frontends won't talk to the
> master backend. mythweb also cannot talk to the master backend.
>
> what have i done wrong?

"unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION" is only possible when you
have incompatible versions of frontend/backend.

For MythWeb, this can happen when you use multiple "svn co" or "svn
update" commands--one for mythtv and one for mythplugins.  Instead, you
should do a single command that updates both mythtv and mythplugins.

For mythfrontend, it typically happens when you install to a different
location from the existing install (i.e. you have a version in /usr and
another in /usr/local).

The MYTH_PROTO_VERSION hasn't changed since [8973] (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8973 ), so you must have some libs
using a version from before 8973 somewhere.

Mike