[mythtv] Question regarding the mouse support

Micah F. Galizia mfgalizi at uwo.ca
Tue Mar 14 01:19:17 UTC 2006

florin baiduc wrote:
> On 3/13/06, Micah Francis Galizia <mfgalizi at uwo.ca> wrote:
>

>>As for easy assignment, yes, it would be easy to assigned clicks and
>>gestures statically to actions, but that wouldn't be very flexible, would
>>it?
>

> I agree, and as I specified, it is not my intention also...
>

>>As for determining which element UI element is focused, the code
>>already does that, see MythMainWindow::eventFilter method.
>>
>>So, as I was saying, all you need to do is translate the gesture (which
>>includes single mouse clicks) into an appropriate action, and pass it off to
>>the appropriate receiver.
>

> I already checked the eventFiler(), as it is the function outputting
> to the teerminal in the UITest... Unfortunately, none of the frontend
> (mainmenu, etc) elements can be accessed by using the
> screen->GetChildAt(p) and the returned value is of course the NULL
> pointer.

I totally misunderstood you, sorry.  The last time I checked, the
buttons in the themed menus still needed to be added as proper child
mythuitypes instead of however they have been added right now.

> That's why I am confused about how to pass the action to the receiver.
> (and how to find the receiver)...
> I presume that for using the same api, the GetChildAt(point) must be
> supported by the myththemedmenu, so I should try to see how the
> support was added for the buttons usede in the MythUITest...
> Regards...

To get menus to work, the themed menu is the right place (I think).  I
know it was on Isaac's todo list for the in converting to the new UI.
In any case, once those buttons are their own MythUIType, is should
start working.

Good luck!
- --
Micah F. Galizia
mfgalizi at uwo.ca

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel