[mythtv] tv.com perl script

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 01:53:48 UTC 2006

On 3/13/06, David Asher <david.asher at caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
> Peter Kornhuld wrote:

> >> I've already got one, I can email it to you if you want. It will also
> >> insert shows into the Watch Recordings listing.
> >>
> > Hello,
> > I'm very interested that script... could you e-mail it to me please?
> >
> > Cheers
> >  Peter
>
> I would like to see it too.
>
> Perhaps posting it to the list or providing it for download would be easier.
>
> David.

I was thinking that too, so here it is:
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/TVcomImport/

the video must be mounted or symlinked under your recordings directory
to work. I use /MythTV/tv/Archive/blahblahdir/blahblahshow
also shows must have episode numbering either XYY or SXXEYY.

Here's what I ask, if you make any improvements please send me them,
I'll include your name as a contributor in the script, etc. I'd like
to see some mysql error checking to make sure the show hasn't been
added already, this is beyond my knowledge at this point.
I've been meaning to add some checks so that if no show information is
grabbed it will default to asking the user for information. Of course,
any other changes/improvements would be nice to have as well.

--
Steve