[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9365 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Mar 15 14:32:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 08:11 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > No, only fixes go to 0.19-fixes.
> >
> > This is a new feature. I had tried to get this in before 0.19,
> > but the patch wasn't ready when I tested it earlier. This actually
> > relates to another feature from Aaron McCarthy which supports
> > syncing your camera or similar device to MythGallery (see #603).
> >
> Along the same lines though, is it wise to have the OSD cache new
> feature in the fixes branch?

Maybe not, but I bought the patch submitter's argument that this
OSD regeneration time could be considered a regression from 0.18.

The streams in his country are triggering a rescale on every
commercial break entry and exit and twice on a channel change,
I could see that driving me nuts. Between 0.18 and 0.19 we did
change the code so that rescales happen when they need to, to
avoid segfaults. And some of the rescales do take longer because
we replaced some code that used X11 in an unsafe manner to draw,
also to avoid segfaults. Plus, the fix didn't require a schema
change, and is fairly self contained.

-- Daniel