[mythtv] MP3ACt as Replacment for the current Musicpart ofMythweb...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 15 17:39:58 UTC 2006

> On 3/15/06, joggl <jochen.kuehner at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Now my Example page works...
>> http://jogibear9988.dyndns.org:2080/mythtest/
>>
>> if stripped mp3act, so that unneeded parts are removed.
>>
>> download and streaming doesn't wok, because the songs in the database
>> doesn't exist on my harddrive...
>>
>> but you can look, how it would look like...
>>
>> now i'm working on the frontend plugin...
>> maybe all will be released in 2 weeks... when i have time...  or maybe not
>
> perhaps the mfe would be better->because of streaming features

I will not allow an ajax-only application as part of mythweb.  I don't
mind including ajax goodies (and in fact, want to), but it should be
provided as an add-on feature set, not a requirement -- the core
application needs to be able to function without it.

There are people working on new code for the music portion of mythweb --
hopefully it will become a framework for people to add new/better stuff
to it.

> btw: isn't mfd/mfe not deleloped further by thor?

Thor took a break.  I don't know if he's stopped completely, though.

-Chris