[mythtv] Internal DVD player dependancies?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Mar 17 21:41:22 UTC 2006

Greetings

I've just built and installed r9398 SVN to try out the next set of DVD
updates and I'm seeing very strange differences between two frontends
using the same (effective) binaries.

All compiles are done on a Gentoo system hosted on an AthlonXP+ CPU. One
of the frontends runs on this machine.

I then chroot mount into the nfsroot filesystem of the other (diskless)
frontend which has the source tree (already compiled above) bind mounted
and do a 'make install' so that it links with the resident libraries of
the chrooted environment. This Epia SP13000 frontend is built from the
same portage tree as the AthlonXP.

The AthlonXP runs the Internal DVD player fine; the Epia system comes up
with a blank screen on entering the DVD player. My last build (I think is
was about r9363) ran OK but the stills in the menu sequences didn't
display correctly - which was why I've moved on!

Is this likely to be a runtime library dependancy problem? (I thought all
the relevant libs had been imported into Mythtv) I'm not seeing any
crashes and I can back out of the DVD player with ESC, just I'm not seeing
owt on t' screen:-(

I've tried copying the binaries over rather than 'installing' them but no
difference.

--
Robin Gilks