[mythtv] uPnp Content Directory layout for Recorded Shows

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:37:19 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, David Blain <MythTv at theblains.net> wrote:

> While waiting for my core upnp patch to be reviewed/applied I thought I
> would work on cleaning up the content directory for recorded programs.
>
> The questions I have are:
>
> What is the preferred way to represent recording?
>         (i.e.: how should I handle recgroups vs having series in there own
> sub-folders?)
>
> I was thinking of combining them something like this:
>
> Recordings
>    - All Programs
>    - <group name 1>
>      + <recording 1>
>      + <recording 2>
>      + <series name (folder)>
>         - <series recording 1>
>         - <series recording 2>
>      + <recording 3>
>    - <group name 2>
>      .
>      .
>      .
>
> What about offering shows grouped by date/day of week?

At the moment, I use the MythLink script to generate a few "Views" on
my recorded programs:

By Title (One folder per show title, And then sorted by date)
By Genre (One folder per genre, then sorted by date)
By Date (Folder for Year, Then folder for Month, Then folder for day,
then sorted by time)
By Channel (Folder per channel, then listed in date-order).

I don't use the recording groups functionality (Though I could) as we
don't record that much, and when the Other Half doesn't like I can
watch and clear while she's at work.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston