[mythtv] H.264 over MPEG-2 TS recording and playback

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Mar 18 15:25:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 13:08 -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 3/17/06, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can provide sample streams but they come from an FTA channel here in the
> > US. I doubt it's copyright free. If anyone needs a sample stream contact me
> > off-list and we'll discuss further.
> if its FTA then there should be no issue in distributing it for free,
> you just can't make any money off of distribution.

Umm no... If it is copyrighted, you have to be very careful to stay
within fair use rules which are ambiguous and differ greatly by country.

What I meant by test streams was an organized set of streams with
different video attributes (high motion, low motion, color, B&W,
different resolutions) and different attached audio (ACC, AC3,
MP2, MP3, etc.) It should be public domain, or at least distributed
under a license that allows me to redistribute the stream to a user
for testing.

I don't care if the high motion video is of your dog playing catch,
but I do care about the copyright.

I'm willing to host these videos, but only if it is unquestionably
legal to do so in any country I might ever want to visit.

-- Daniel