[mythtv] zero-length recordings 0.18 vs 0.19 vs SVN

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Mar 18 15:43:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 09:25 +0800, Ng Theng Kiat wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
> >>2006-03-18 08:56:01.998 ProcessPAT: PAT is missing program, setting timeout
> >>

> >This means the channel as defined in your channel table does not exist,
> >generally it means you have to re-scan your channels.
> >

> If I kill mythbackend, it will record that program again as seen below..
> Why would a rescan fix this?

Hmm, ok it looks like a rescan wouldn't help.

It looks like you are experiencing the wrong PAT problem, we do
have code that tries to deal with this. But the PAT must be
resent within a few hundred milliseconds or we will time out.

The first thing to try is upgrading your DVB drivers. Drivers
that block on FE_READ_STATUS until the previous call finishes
won't experience this problem.

If the driver hasn't been fixed yet, there is a hack in SVN
intended to help with a same bug in the Nova-T drivers. In
mythtv-setup, go to the Recording Options screen and increase
the 'delay' param until you stop seeing this problem. Then
send me that value along with the 'mythfrontend -v channel'
log of a short recording and I'll see if this is really the
problem in your case.

-- Daniel