[mythtv] AutoExpire carnage due to correctly ageing automount

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 18 19:24:31 UTC 2006

* On Sat Mar 18, 2006 at 01:53:31PM +0000, Andrew Meredith wrote:
> I posted to the mythtv-users list on the 16th March about a problem I am
> having with autoexpire. I had this problem before and simply stopped
> using the feature. This has in turn led to other problems due to the
> disk filling up :)

> The above is one possible scenario, but others may exist. The purpose of
> the patch is to guard against the times when the statfs call returns
> f_blocks = 0. Plainly the user would/could not create a filesystem with

I saw this on -users but hadn't commented on it yet.  I just committed
a similar patch to fix this including a comment in the code as to why we
check the f_blocks and f_size values.

I don't think it's a good idea to use autofs for a recordings directory,
I use 'soft' instead, but that's up to you.  No matter what the reason,
we shouldn't trigger things to autoexpire if it appears the total disk
space is 0.

I'll get this into -fixes a little later today also.

--
Chris