[mythtv] using myth as a remote client of iTunes.

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Sun Mar 19 15:14:53 UTC 2006

Why not just download your songs from iTunes with 'PyMusique'  (
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7321263/  and http://drmnews.com/pymusique/ )
and avoid the DRM/DCMA problem altogether (songs downloaded with PyMusique
are not DRM protected in the first place).

Or for songs you already have, remove the DRM restrictions with 'Jhymn' (
http://hymn-project.org/ ). Note that the site says: "The purpose of the
Hymn Project is to allow you to exercise your fair-use rights under
copyright law." This sounds reasonable to me, but IANAL. Further, it says
"Before using any of the software on this web site, you should be aware of
the legal standing of DRM circumvention technology in your own country and
make your own decision whether using Hymn Project software is right for
you." YMMV.

Just my 2c.
Buzz.