[mythtv] Transcode job not starting?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Mar 20 03:20:20 UTC 2006

This refers back to my message a week or so ago.  I once again tried an
override recording with commflag and transcode jobs set.  While this
time I did not experience any backend problems (which may be related to
a switch issue I had today), I still am experiencing the problem that a
job set for commflag and transcode starts the commflag job first despite
the checkbox being set in the backend to run commflag after transcode.
Here is the rule:

   <record>
        <recordid>765</recordid>
        <type>7</type>
        <chanid>2501</chanid>
        <starttime>20:00:00</starttime>
        <startdate>2006-03-19</startdate>
        <endtime>21:00:00</endtime>
        <enddate>2006-03-19</enddate>
        <title>Law &amp; Order: Criminal Intent</title>
        <subtitle>Wasichu</subtitle>
        <description>When a female Secret Service agent is killed,
detectives investigate clients of her husband, a well-connected
lobbyist.</description>
        <category>Crime drama</category>
        <profile>High Quality</profile>
        <recpriority>0</recpriority>
        <autoexpire>0</autoexpire>
        <maxepisodes>0</maxepisodes>
        <maxnewest>0</maxnewest>
        <startoffset>0</startoffset>
        <endoffset>0</endoffset>
        <recgroup>My Shows</recgroup>
        <dupmethod>6</dupmethod>
        <dupin>15</dupin>
        <station>WMAQDT</station>
        <seriesid>SH446173</seriesid>
        <programid>EP4461730107</programid>
        <search>0</search>
        <autotranscode>1</autotranscode>
        <autocommflag>1</autocommflag>
        <autouserjob1>0</autouserjob1>
        <autouserjob2>0</autouserjob2>
        <autouserjob3>0</autouserjob3>
        <autouserjob4>0</autouserjob4>
        <findday>0</findday>
        <findtime>00:00:00</findtime>
        <findid>732754</findid>
        <inactive>0</inactive>
        <parentid>246</parentid>
        <transcoder>0</transcoder>
        <tsdefault>1</tsdefault>
        <playgroup>Default</playgroup>
    </record>

And when the recording started...

2006-03-19 20:00:59.117 AFD: Opened codec 0x830c3c0, id(MPEG2VIDEO)
type(Video)
2006-03-19 20:00:59.121 AFD: Opened codec 0x8384590, id(MP2) type(Audio)
2006-03-19 20:01:39.845 JobQueue: Commercial Flagging Starting for Law &
Order: Criminal Intent "Wasichu" recorded from channel 2501 at Sun Mar

And my setting:

AutoTranscodeBeforeAutoCommflag 1 /NULL/

Has anyone else seen this?  Now that the recording has finished, it
doesn't even seem the transcoding job has been scheduled.   I've been
able to repeat this now for the third time with an override job.  It
seems there may be something wrong with the transcode job firing?

Kevin