[mythtv] problem setting ivtv tuner channel in 0.19 w/ ivtv 0.4.x?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 20 12:40:06 UTC 2006

On 03/20/2006 04:22 AM, Kenneth Padgett wrote:
>> there was
>> a discussion on the -users list where a couple of people reported it was
>> not working for them in 0.19.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188083#188083
>>
> That thread describes the exact problem I have with my PVR-350 too. I
> came up with the same work around of using a startup script and
> running ivtv-tune to workaround the issue...
>
>> Unfortunately, though, I haven't had a chance to look at it, yet.  Out
>> of curiosity, though, what do you get when you run:
>>
>> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from cardinput\G'
>>

> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>     cardinputid: 1
>          cardid: 1
>        sourceid: 1
>       inputname: Tuner 0
> externalcommand: /usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh
>      preference: 0
>       shareable: N
>        tunechan: 3
>       startchan: 169
>   freetoaironly: 1
>     diseqc_port: NULL
>      diseqc_pos: NULL
>  lnb_lof_switch: 11700000
>      lnb_lof_hi: 10600000
>      lnb_lof_lo: 9750000
>     displayname:
> 1 row in set (0.05 sec)

That's what I thought I might see.  OK, so now, can you run:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'update cardinput set startchan = 3
where cardinputid = 1;'

and then test it out without your startup/change channel script(s).  The
startchan shouldn't matter, but ...

> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
> bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
> cx88xx: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
> cx88xx: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

> I don't know what cx8800 or bttv is, lirc stuff for different
> chipsets?

They're actually drivers for different capture cards.

>  I just have a PVR-350, no other cards... Don't know where
> that stuff came from, part of the lirc rpm I guess. Could this be
> causing mythtv not to be able to set my tuner channel to 3?

Something about your module setup isn't right--and might have an
effect--but I wouldn't think so (especially since you can use ivtvctl to
tune the channel correctly).  I haven't played around with ivtv 0.4.x,
though, so I'll defer the questions about fixing it to someone else.

Thanks,

Mike