[mythtv] Question regarding AVCVideoServices framework on MacOS X

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Mar 21 12:05:49 UTC 2006

In my latest efforts to get the MacOS X frontend for PPC built, I
noticed that it seems as if the AVCVideoServices framework is now
required to build it.  Has this always been the case and I just
didn't notice, or is it something new in the code?

If it is new, then someone (I can look at it if need be) needs to see
if they can work with osx-packager.pl to copy the framework into
MythFrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks since your joe off the street
won't necessarily have the Firewire SDK installed (I surely didn't on
any of my boxes, which is why I think this is something new that I
missed in the source).

I'm trying to make a point of building SVN MacOS X PPC on a regular
basis both for my own edification to connect with my Linux SVN
backend, and to see if I can shake out some bugs if need be.
--
Jeremy McDermond
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com