[mythtv] MythTV on Mac OS X for Intel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Mar 22 00:04:15 UTC 2006

> I just submitted a patch that seems to work pretty well for me.  It
> works on a G3 iBook, MacMini PPC, MacMini Intel and a G5 PowerMac.

	Thanks for another great patch, Taoyama-san!

(You have four different OS X Macs? I _am_ jealous)

> I had to use hostinfo to determine the PowerPC information and if it
> can't find PowerPC it uses the sysctl to determine if it is an Intel
> processor.

	Yes. It is annoying that the machdep.cpu class
is unimplemented in some situations.

	I am a bit wary of using the "P6 Family" label -
according to Intel's doco it does cover a very large
family of CPUs. But the inclusion of the features,
which you have inserted into processor_flags,
makes it very safe in this situation.

	Just doing some tests, and will then commit this.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia  |  when you stop believing