[mythtv] Question regarding AVCVideoServices framework on MacOS X

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Mar 22 00:06:35 UTC 2006

> Mine actually compiled, but upon execution the dynamic linker
> couldn't pull in the framework

	Aha. programs/programs-libs.pro pulls it in
if FireWire is enabled, but ATM only the backend
library code actually uses it.

	I may need to change the logic in configure
so that firewire is disabled if backend is too.
Or, maybe make the makefiles check that CONFIG_MAC_AVC
has a valid path in it.

> I wouldn't imagine why the frontend would need firewire linked in,
> but then again, I may not be enlightened enough.

	Heh. No, your assumption is correct -
the frontend doesn't need it, yet.
Things like MythPhone may eventually, though.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Its not easy having a good time
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | ...