[mythtv] svn 9410 crashes in "watch recordings"

zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 09:20:23 UTC 2006

OK.  gdb.txt attached.  Following the instructions on
the wiki, here's what I did to get it:

1) Updated to latest svn as of this evening.
2) Changed mythtv configuration to add
--compile-type=debug
3) Recompiled after a make distclean.
4) Reinstalled.
5) Created a file called "gdbcommands" in the mythtv
user home directory, with the lines:
    handle SIGPIPE nostop noprint
    handle SIG33 nostop noprint
    set logging on
    set pagination off
    set args -l myth.log -v record,channel,siparser
    run
    thread apply all bt full
    set logging off
6) Started mythfrontend with "gdb mythfrontend -x
gdbcommands" (backend was already running)
7) Selected "TV" from the main GUI menu.
8) Selected "Watch Recordings"
9) Started playing the latest recording, which
happened to be a segment of the Colbert Report
10) Exited the recording after a few seconds of
playback.
11) Mythfrontend is now basically hung with the gui
menu screen partially redrawn.  I wait a few seconds
and hit ctrl-C in the shell with which I started the
"gdb mythfrontend" command.