[mythtv] Enabling MMX on MacOS X Intel builds

MythTV mythtv at taoyama.com
Thu Mar 23 02:12:10 UTC 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 5:54 PM, MythTV wrote:

> Todd,
>
> Here is a patch against svn 9452 that allows me to use osx-
> packager.pl to build an Intel version with MMX.
>
> It includes the ffmpeg patches from VLC and the changes in the wiki.
>
> The fix to the problem you are seeing is in SVN. Adding the defined
> (CONFIG_DARWIN) to libavutil/common.h takes care of the MANGLE
> issue and in my patch adding "-read_only_relocs suppress" to the
> LFLAGS in libavcodec.pro fixed the compiler errors.
>
> Mino
>

> <svn-9452.patch>

Just to add. Intel builds require Qt3.3.6 (edit osx-packager.pl) and
there are UI issues that still need to be resolved.  This patch is
not intended to be submitted into SVN.  There is more testing and
additional fixes that need to be implemented.  I have also not tested
it to see if it breaks any other builds like linux. (It doesn't seem
to interfere with a MacOS X PowerPC build.)  The ffmpeg fixes should
wait until they get applied upstream.  Doing it before then would
probably make any ffmpeg sync a bit of a nightmare for Issac.

Mino