[mythtv] Enabling MMX on MacOS X Intel builds

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 20:20:43 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, MythTV <mythtv at taoyama.com> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Here is a patch against svn 9452 that allows me to use osx-
> packager.pl to build an Intel version with MMX.
>
> It includes the ffmpeg patches from VLC and the changes in the wiki.
>
> The fix to the problem you are seeing is in SVN. Adding the defined
> (CONFIG_DARWIN) to libavutil/common.h takes care of the MANGLE issue
> and in my patch adding "-read_only_relocs suppress" to the LFLAGS in
> libavcodec.pro fixed the compiler errors.

Thanks for the info, Mino.   I will try your svn patch as soon as I
move back to 0.20.. I've been using 0.19-fixes while trying to figure
out the MMX build issues on that version.

In your 0.20 svn builds, is your frontend menu fully functional?
When I last built the 0.20 version, listings of recorded programs, and
setup menus failed.  The MySQL query would just loop forever.  Others
have reported similar behavior on the Wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Myth_on_Mac_x86 ), but I'm
not sure if that issue effects everyone.

-Todd