[mythtv] Enabling MMX on MacOS X Intel builds

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 01:46:04 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I don't think the "Accellant" code will
> > benefit the Mini.  The GPU doesn't support iDCT offload.
>
> 1) Bummer.
>
> 2) I wonder what the Intel iMacs can do.

I think both the iMac and the MacBook use Radeon GPUs.  All the
Radeons have good MPEG2 acceleration capabilities, so they should be
allright.

Also, the G4 Mini has a Radeon.  With iDCT offload it might be fast
enough to do HD.  (I've got one of those too, so I'm hoping it will be
fast enough.)

> > It supposedly has HD MPEG2 decoder capabilities,
> > but an API to access that is unlikely.
>
>         One thing I have learnt - if someone
> wants something enough, they will find a way.

Yeah, hopefully.   The marketing info for the chip says "High
Definition Content Decode - up to two stream support".      PiP with
hardware decoding of two streams would be nice..