[mythtv] OpenGL menu background rendering problem

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 21:28:37 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Colin Guthrie <mythtv at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> florin baiduc wrote:
> > Heey - nice advice, it was a new MythScreenStack after all :)) Kind of
> > making sense, isn't it? :))
>
> Not overly as I still can't work out where the actual background is
> displayed full stop in order to narrow down the (numerous) painter calls
> that seem to be causing the issue.
>
> I'll puzzle it out when I get the time to walk through the code
> properly.... Was hoping for some pointers from someone who knew off the
> top of their head the bit of the code that drew the background so I
> could enter in some placeholder debug statements in order to narrow down
> the painter debugging stuff I'd have to insert to the stuff relevent to
> the background drawing, but I guess I'll just have to work it out
> myself. Hey ho, no worries there, it'll just take me a bit longer to
> puzzle out, and would probably take the person helping me as long to
> figure out as me anyway.
>

> The mythuitest loads a background as follows:
>
>   QString backgroundname =
> gContext->qtconfig()->GetSetting("BackgroundPixmap");
>
> Not sure where that setting comes from (Qt Theme?) but it seems to think
> the image it gets is in the theme dir and prepends that path to it.
>
> Either way, this value is not in my settings table... Not had a chance
> to actually use this yet, just looked at the source so I'm sure it will
> all make sense when I do some hacking...
>
> Ciao for now.

It turns out that something does complain. I get this message
everytime I start MythTV in my kernel message log (dmesg):
[drm:via_initialize] *ERROR* via_initialize called with no agp memory available

I have no idea what to do about this, or why it's triggered (apart
from the obvious), but I hope it helps finding a solution.

drm (1.0.1) and via (2.7.3) drivers are from openchrome.

Martin