[mythtv] OpenGL menu background rendering problem

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:24:12 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Martin van Es <mrvanes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It turns out that something does complain. I get this message
> > everytime I start MythTV in my kernel message log (dmesg):
> > [drm:via_initialize] *ERROR* via_initialize called with no agp memory available
> >
> > I have no idea what to do about this, or why it's triggered (apart
> > from the obvious), but I hope it helps finding a solution.
> >
> > drm (1.0.1) and via (2.7.3) drivers are from openchrome.
> >

> And Xorg.log says:
> (EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 1023
>
> Guess this isn't a Myth problem after all?

Funny thing is I forgot to check via_agp in my kernel (bit confused by
all the parts needed for dri/glx and supplied or not by openchrome).
But even after enabling via_agp in the kernel (2.6.16) there is still
no background in Mythtv, although the error about drmAgpAcquire
disappeared.

Updated to the fresh openchrome via drivers 20060322 tonight, and even
that didn't make a difference...

So, back to where we started I guess

Martin