[mythtv] OpenGL menu background rendering problem

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Mar 25 01:27:24 UTC 2006

> On 3/24/06, Martin van Es <mrvanes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It turns out that something does complain. I get this message
>> everytime I start MythTV in my kernel message log (dmesg):
>> [drm:via_initialize] *ERROR* via_initialize called with no agp memory
>> available
>>
>> I have no idea what to do about this, or why it's triggered (apart
>> from the obvious), but I hope it helps finding a solution.
>>
>> drm (1.0.1) and via (2.7.3) drivers are from openchrome.
>>

> And Xorg.log says:
> (EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 1023
>
> Guess this isn't a Myth problem after all?
>
> Grtz
> Martin

Good catch

I've had exactly this on my Via SP13000 and on investigation had the same
error reported.

I'm now modprobing via_agp BEFORE modprobe via at startup and its fixed
the problem as far as the xorg.log is concerned but still no background
image on menus so I'm still having to run with -O UseOpenGLPainter=0 on
this particular frontend:-(

--
Robin Gilks