[mythtv] Changes needed for Compilation on Cygwin

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:10:21 UTC 2006

On 3/25/06, Ian Caulfield <imc25 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Cygwin and X don't really have anything to do with each other. Cygwin
> provides POSIX functions etc under windows, which Myth needs. There was a
> patch on the mailing list at one point which would allow Myth to compile
> using MinGW, by reimplementing the unix-specific functions...

Ok, I've now managed to compile all of the libs with some tweaking.
Some of the libraries require much more specific linking of other myth
libs to resolve all the references.

Currently the libraries are linking in things like libXext. I assume
this is undesirable from what you say and that it is down to an
incorrect #define somewhere?

Thanks,
Robin