[mythtv] Mythfrontend crash on Mac OS X

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Sun Mar 26 15:55:56 UTC 2006

I've been building the binaries hosted on goof.com.

You're seeing this crash on the svn trunk, or the precompiled binaries?
  I've not experienced these crashes on the .19 PPC or Intel builds I've
created, across three PPC machines and one Intel machine.

Are your crashes all the same in regards to the trace that ends up in
the CrashReporter log?

-matt

Dave Just wrote:
> Just to follow up my own message, I tried downgrading Quicktime and
> this solved the immediate startup crashes (however now seeing the UI
> problems that non-menu screens - Watch Recordings, System Status, etc
> - are not rendered).
>
> The QT downgrade is available here:
>
> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/
> quicktime701reinstallerforquicktime704.html
>
> I'm happy to raise a ticket about this library problem for the osx-
> packager script if one of the Mac gurus would like me to.  (But I'm
> not sure why noone else would have noticed this if they've been
> getting Apple software updates... so not 100% certain whether this is
> a problem in my environment, e.g. wrong Xcode Tools)
>
>   - Dave

matthew c. mead

http://www.goof.com/