[mythtv] Choppy performance on Mac Intel builds / scaling issue?

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Sun Mar 26 21:28:41 UTC 2006

I am not seeing the behavior that you describe on my mini duo core with
an MMX enabled build, however, I do see something that sounds similar on
my athlon 64 backend/frontend.  It enters this cyclical behavior where
it plays a handful of frames normally, then stutters, then normal, etc.
  If I pause for 2-3s and unpause, it almost always goes away.  Can you
try this and see what it does for you?

-matt

James Mitchell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 12:49:51PM -0800, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
>> On 3/26/06, James Mitchell <mitchell at bruteforce.org> wrote:
>>> In contrast to some other reports of good 1080i performance
>>> via the MMX enabled builds of 0.19, I'm experiencing issues
>>> with both 1080i content, and scaled 480i content.
>> When you say 'choppy' what do you mean?   Does it momentarily pause
>> completely, or just have motion that's not smooth?
>
> It appears to be dropping a lot of frames. Just based on a visual
> estimate, I'd say I'm getting maybe 10 fps. The behavior also seems
> sort of 'bursty' with some number of decent frames, slowdown,
> some number of decent frames, slowdown, etc.
>
> I ran 'mythfrontend -v all' and quite a few of these:
>
> 2006-03-26 15:02:05.073 NVP: Audio is 3.3871 frames ahead of video,
> doubling video frame interval.
>
> 2006-03-26 15:02:05.722 NVP: Video is 5.03039 frames ahead of audio,
> dropping frame.
>
> I'm not sure what 'normal' is, though.
>
>> When looking at my performance in Shark, YUV422_UC_ToRGB32BitColorBGRA
>> is not even listed.   I'm not sure when / why that comes into play.
>
> What's your display resolution, and what sort of content are you playing
> when you _don't_ see the YUV422_UC_ToRGB32BitColorBGRA function?
>
> James

matt mead

http://www.goof.com/