[mythtv] OpenGL menu background rendering problem

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Mar 26 23:18:13 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2006 14:08, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>>Isaac Richards wrote:
>>
>>>It seems to be limited to the unichrome stuff, and I haven't had time to
>>>set up my m10000 yet (it's been in pieces for a year or two).
>>
>>If you can point me in the right direction, perhaps I can take a
>>looksee? GL really isn't my strong point tho'.
>

> All the opengl drawing is in libs/libmythui/mythpainter_ogl.cpp

Welllllll, I'm stumped.

I've spent several hours fiddling around with the GL functions and their
various values.

I am still a total GL novice and wont pretend to know what I'm doing,
but the problem would seem to be hinged around the glColor4f() call.
This is call that makes the background appear white. Change it to
something other than 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, alpha and you get some nice
different colours :) That said, even if this line is commented out, it
still produces the white background.

Anyways, I've fiddled with different glClears, different attributes, and
different ordering of texture binding (to mimic an example I found), and
  cutting out display of lots of things (only show text, only show
images, only show images not-full screen, only show full screen images
etc. etc.), but to no avail.

This GL stuff is over my head just now and I've really not got the time
to learn it properly, so doubt I will be able to fix this bug.

Sorry people.

I'm happy to test potential fixes and other such stuff, but for now...
sorry, but I'm not going to be of much use. :(

Col.