[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9482 by danielk

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Mar 26 23:19:38 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 12:39 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
>
>> DTV info, ATSC maj(19) min(0), MPEG pn(-1)
>>

> The minor channel number should never be zero with an ATSC channel,
> minor 0 is intended to be used to describe the NTSC channel licensed
> by the same broadcaster. Delete your channels on that source and
> rescan.

I did this and the Myth scanner only picked up one transport which has
only the SD broadcasted channels on the QAM signal.  None of the true HD
channels were picked up by the scan.  I'm running an "atscscan" now also
to see what it says.

The thing is, when Myth couldn't tune these channels and spat the error
you noted above, mplayer could grab it just fine so I know the hardware
is fine.  Is there another reason you might see the minor number as such
or a way to work around it?  I know you say it should never be zero, but
mplayer doesn't seem to care.   Would the mplayer output when tuning be
helpful?

Kevin

Kevin