[mythtv] Changes needed for Compilation on Cygwin

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:48:57 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/06, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now that I've managed to build mythfrontend by editing makefiles after
> > their generation I suppose I should have a crack at this.
>
> Sounds very promising. Does it run?

Currently it does not. Both mythfrontend and mythuitest fail to
connect to the database (my mysql.txt is correct). I am unable to get
gdb to follow the call into the library which performs this operation
currently.

As a general update, I have create a ticket,
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1590/ with a preliminary patch. This
patch does not build completely without manual intervention to rename
library names when linking them in. This is currently my biggest
problem, possibly solvable with QT_CONFIG_SHLIB or similar to set the
extension, but I'm still feeling my way around qmake.

mythuitest also needs to link in to opengl32

Some other problems...

As qmake calls the cygwin environment 'unix', I have created a new
CONFIG variable called 'cygwin' and am using this to configure things
instead of 'win32' as the configure script detects CYGWIN as the
TARGET_OS correctly. This may be bad, I don't know enough to say.

Thoughts welcome!

Robin