[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9546 by danielk

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Mar 29 23:03:54 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 00:36, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9546
>
> References #1485. Applies Janne's fallback to auto inversion patch.
>
> Instead of failing when we can't parse the inversion parameter to the
> DVBTuning::parse methods we set the inversion to 'a'uto and print a
> warning message. My understanding is that using automatic inversion
> detection works on all DVB cards but just slows down the tuning a
> bit.

I'm not quite sure if all cards support auto inversion. I've found some
linuxtv mailing list post which indicate that inversion auto is not
reliable with some frontends and should therefore deactivated.

We get the capabilieties of the frontend and report an error if the
frontend doesn't support AUTO_INVERSION. So we can probably wait until
we get error reports.