[mythtv] Errors compiling mythfrontend

Andrew Kimpton awk at awkward.org
Mon May 1 04:11:09 UTC 2006

I'm getting a stream of errors when building this evenings trunk from
svn on Mac OS X. These seem new (in the last week), and I can 'avoid'
them by inserting a #include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h> in the
middle of the headers at the top main.cpp (specificlly between
"manualbox.h" and "manualschedule.h". Neither of these two particular
headers have changed recently so I'm sure it's something else, but
I'm having a tough time figuring out what.

If someone has some suggestions - that'd be great ! The specific
errors I'm getting are :

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:
195: error: 'always_inline' was not declared in this scope
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:
195: error: expected `)' before 'inline'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:
195: error: expected `)' before 'inline'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:
195: error: expected unqualified-id before ')' token
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/
CFString.h:697: error: 'always_inline' was not declared in this scope
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/
CFString.h:697: error: expected `)' before 'inline'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/
CFString.h:697: error: expected `)' before 'inline'
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/
CFString.h:697: error: expected unqualified-id before '

and so on for about 150 lines or so - basically it looks like the gcc
attributes for inlining that the CFBase.h header defines are not
being recognized by the compiler !? Is something redefining
__attribute__ for their own purposes ? libs/libavutil/common.h has
the following line :

#define always_inline __attribute__((always_inline)) inline

Which strikes me as being dangerous since if anyone else uses
__attribute__ ((always_inline)) after this #define they'll get :

__attribute__ ((__attribute__((always_inline)) inline))

but that header hasn't changed in 2 months or so. Has it recently
gotten included into the headers for mythfrontend/main.cpp ?

Thanks

Andrew 8-)