[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon May 1 22:19:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 02:50:04PM +0100, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> I note that:
> - The protocol version appears to need bumping
> - mythweb needs updating
>
> I guess you're just holding these off until it is merged, just wanted to
> make sure.

Yes, I was holding off on them, but not necessarily until merging.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:34:27AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> I've attached a patch that uses the themes to properly display the soft
> padding.  It's only for Blue and G.A.N.T.

Did you test it?  It doesn't look like it will work to me since the
rsWillRecord path should already be taken.

> Changed the setHelpText again.  It really should be shorter.

OK.  I'm not going to include the "offset" progMap entry for now.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:11:30AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> times look good for these two themes.  I need a hint why the list didn't
> change colour on 'droppedsoft'.

See above.

> Should I do the other themes?

Yes.

> Attached 'soft3complete-partial.patch.gz' is patch for partial
> padding.  This does seem to work.

It should use cardid instead of inputid.  It also needs to take into
account whether or not softpadding has already been included.  I say
maximize the softend and then give the rest to softstart.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:43:13PM +1000, Max Barry wrote:
> I very much like the new "(-1 +2)" string, but I found one problem with
> it: if you use a hard buffer to *decrease* the recording time, it's out
> by 1 minute. For example, if you have no soft pad and "End recording 2
> minutes early", it displays "(+0 -1)" instead of "(+0 -2)". This is a
> cosmetic problem with this string only; the scheduled recording times
> were accurate.

Should be fixed now.

> I also have a related suggestion. After playing around for a while, I
> found that having "-" indicate start-early and "+" indicate end-late
> became confusing. I think it would be more intuitive if "+" always meant
> "more recording time" and "-" always meant "less recording time". So if
> you have a 1-minute start-early buffer and a 2-minute end-late buffer,
> it would display as "(+1 +2)", not "(-1 +2)".

No one else spoke up so I switched this.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 01:21:49AM -0400, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> How about "(1+ +2)" and "(1- +2)" instead?  Would that make sense?
> (Seems to make more sense to me---makes it really obvious the times
> are bookending the show, and how.)

I purposely made separate progMap entries for startoffset and
endoffset so theme designers can split them up if needed.  For
example, it might make sense to display startoffset with starttime and
endoffset with endtime.

David
--
David Engel