[mythtv] DVB channel scanner

Einar Bjarni Halldórsson einarb at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:30:59 UTC 2006

I've been working on trying to get the new hlci code working with the dst_ca
module on and off for a couple of months now. It sometimes seems to work,
but there's always something bothering me. First I couldn't get any sensible
EPG data, but that was fixed nicely.

Now the channel scanner is broken. If I try a tuned channel scan (I live in
Iceland so that's my only choice) it only seems to find channels from one of
the transports, but if I look at the transport list, I see two or three of
the transports I was expecting and then a couple of transports with
frequencies that seem to be the highest 32 bit signed integer
~213........MHz (this is from memory, I'm not at home at the moment).

My first guess was some cast gone wrong, but I have absolutely no knowledge
of the Myth codebase and no idea where to look first. It seems there's a lot
of refactoring going on in this part of the code, so maybe this will be
fixed in the next days, but I thought I'd point it out in case you missed
it.

Hopefully this all makes sense, but I'll gladly send logs and more info if
you guys think that helps.

--einar