[mythtv] Backend troubles

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Thu May 4 11:45:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 4, 2006 03:05, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Has anyone been noticing any problems with backend communications in
> recent SVN (9829?)  I seem to be having consistent trouble with:
>
> 1.  Backend stops logging
> 2.  Backend responds with bad proto version from mythfrontend and
> mythweb connections after a period of time
> 3.  Master backend dies (process gone) with nothing in the logs.  Slave
> continues to record.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has seen any of these symptoms recently?
> I think the latter might have just been a segfault of some kind but that
> is surprising considering the lack of this type of problem with all my
> previous revisions since 0.19

I've seen symptoms 1 and 2 on 9775.  Although my backend seems to be able
to continue communicating with the frontend, just unable to start any new
recordings.  It happened three times yesterday and I think it's connected
(or triggered by) EIT scanning.  I updated last night to the myhtv-eit
branch, ver 9847 and I haven't noticed a failure yet, but then there
hasn't been much recording activity scheduled since I last restarted the
backend (about 5 hours ago)

--
Graeme Hilton