[mythtv] Internal DVD Player multichannel support

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Thu May 4 23:03:49 UTC 2006

> OK, well to be objective:
>
> Mark, would you mind breaking out the soundtouch stuff as a seperate
> patch and commited then?  This makes the rest of the patch quite easy to
> read I think.  Have you considered sending that bit upstream as well?

broken out and will probably get around to sending it upstream on the
weekend.

> What do you feel that we need to do on the rest of the code in order to
> get it good for committing?  Is there some way we can get it
> structurally in for the commit without solving the entire problem of
> handling arbitrary numbers of channels (and all that complexity)?

I would like to modify the structure of interaction between the decoder and
the audio layer as mentioned previously. while it works its messy and is
probably not that extensible. however I havent thought of a "good"
alternative yet. ideas welcome. I want to keep the interface to the audio
layer as unadulterated as possible. this includes the passing of passthru
codec info and number of channels present.
1 param would be better. however I found passing the decoder ptr allows for
getting params from the decoder.
still not sure.

mark