[mythtv] DVB EIT in mythtv-eit

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri May 5 00:50:28 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 01:39, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> jd wrote:
> >>however ETSI EN 300-468 v1.6.1 (2004-11) - the european DVB spec -
> >>directly equivalent to the ISO spec, says that the following tables
> >> are mandatory in the DVB stream:  (C, S &T)
>
> EICTA spec makes no distinction between NIT-actual and NIT-other.
> EICTA are the combined European Cable Operators.

So that aren't DVB in the first place. The MPEG Spec also mentions a
Network Information Table without specifying it.

EICTA is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EICTA group of the software
patents mafia? If that is the case I will not do anything that makes
MythTV working better with their specs except things that also improve
DVB or MPEG conformance.

Janne