[mythtv] Any development on VPS (video programming system)

Martin Mardin01 at gmx.de
Fri May 5 07:03:55 UTC 2006

Dear developers,

searching for a long time in the archives of myth-lists found some threads
talking about the german (european) VPS ... timing of show for recording
(late or at another time in same program) ... I saw some ideas ... but I
think it is really hard to implement inside of mythtv.

I got a new impact by an article (heise.de news ticker -
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/72564 ) about the release of another
pvr project (now including VPS function)

Now my question ... are there any ideas / requests on myth to implement VPS?
Because I'm in trouble of missing some minutes of recorded shows ... because
shows to early or late for some minutes ... on the other side only a few
channels are sending VPS in germany (no commercial tv stations :-( I think!).

My biggest problem is recording shows end of first is start of second
recording ... so overlaping in program is not possible (only one capture card
at the moment) ...

Best regards
Martin