[mythtv] mythmusic/mythweather google summer of code project

Rishabh Manocha rmanocha at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:59:38 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I recently read MythTV's proposed summer of code projects at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/SoC2006 and was interested in
doing either of the MythMusic or MythWeather proposals.

However, I wanted to ask the developers about the complexity of these
projects. I have been coding in C++ for the last couple of years but
mostly for class projects. I  have not written much C++ code for open
source projects (I have written a couple open source projects in Java
and Python). I wanted to do these projects 'cause I really enjoy
coding in C++ and wanted to extend my skills in the language beyond
the classroom. However, I do realise that MythTV wants to release
quality software and hence I wanted to know how complex these projects
would be. I was also interested in the other proposals on that page,
but reading their descriptions - they all seemed of my league - am I
making too much of them?

FYI, I have been using MythTV for a while now so I think I know my way
around the applications reasonably well.

Thanks,

Rishabh