[mythtv] mythcommflag taking all the cpu 0.19 svn revision 9806

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat May 6 01:36:35 UTC 2006

hello all...

I'm running 0.19 svn revision 9806.  I've noticed that mythcommflag
completely hogs my cpu, almost locking my system.  I'm runing a 2.2GHz
P4 with 768MB of RAM.  With the backend idle (not recording) and one
mythcommflag process running, my load averages go over 3.2 at times.
It's only a noticeable problem when trying to watch something via xine
and mythvideo.  The xine process gets overtaken by mythcommflag (as
observed with top).  Eventually, the mythcommflag process settles down
and xine regains playback.

Is there any way to prevent mythcommflag from ruining an otherwise
working build?

Thanks...