[mythtv] Timebar in playback wrong due to incorrect marks from mythcommflag --rebuild

wsslkmpr at nc.rr.com wsslkmpr at nc.rr.com
Mon May 8 00:08:50 UTC 2006

I am using mythtv as a mirror of the files on my tivo. The files get
pulled, converted through vsplit from .ty files to .mpg files, and added
to the database based on the xml file from the tivo. I then try and run
'mythcommflag --rebuild' on them. myFramesPlayed and totalFrames are
both correct in NuppelVideoPlayer::RebuildSeekTable, however the MARK
entry placed in the recordedmarkup table is short by around a factor of
3 (for example, a file with 107,000+ frames will finish with a highest
mark of only 35,000). This causes the timebar to be incorrect during
playback. Subsequent runs of mythcommflag don't detect commercials
(maybe because the seek table is wrong??). I've attached a log for the
--rebuild run with the -v playback outputs. Also notice the marks are
inserted only after key frame distance changes from something to 3 which
seems like peculiar coincidence. This has been tested with both 0.19 and
whatever comes down today with svn. The mpg files otherwise play fine in
both mplayer and mythtv. The timebar was correct (although ff/rw was
obviously not working) prior to the recordedmarkup table being generated.

Any ideas on where to go from here, requests for more information?