[mythtv] Extending mythweather units.

Tim Phipps mythtv-dev at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Mon May 8 13:02:21 UTC 2006

Hi All,
	Unfortunately I'm a middle aged English bloke so my preference of measurement
units is completely mangled i. e. I work in Celsius and miles. I've hacked
mythweather so it displays in my preferred units but I'd rather get a patch
accepted into the source so I don't have to keep doing this so I've a few
questions.

*) Would anyone else be interested in weird mixes of units?
*) if so what?

If there turns out to only be a few common mixes would it be OK to just add
the to the list on the mythweather setting page and extend the SIUnits config
setting to include the same?

That would be my preference. I can see a need for a fully customizable way to
keep the current setting behaviour and have an override for each type of
measurement (temp, speed, distance, pressure) so we don't have an ever
growing list of styles but I don't know how that would work in the GUI or the
config settings.

The actual code change look pretty simple, it just means splitting the
convertData variable into four.

Cheers,
Tim.