[mythtv] Mythmusic cddb lookup

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue May 9 07:47:02 UTC 2006

Greetings all

Having a few CDs that don't exist on any database I turned off cddb lookup
in Mythmusic to avoid the timeout.

It don't work! It still does a lookup but gets total crap - what the hell
is 'hail hail rock-n-roll' by Garland Jeffreys. Nothing I've ever heard of
and certainly nothing to do with the CD I'm try to play - after all I've
just downloaded and burnt it off the recording studio server!!

I sometimes get a crash on one frontend when existing the plugin but
another just goes to sleep util I eject the CD. No trace yet but I thought
I'd ask in case anyone else had actually tried turning off lookups and had
strange effects as a result.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks