[mythtv] mpeg4 H.264 over dvb in UK

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:41:50 UTC 2006

On 5/9/06, Chris Rigby <rigsbody at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I just scanned and saw that 'BBC HD1' was being skipped because it is
> not a 'Television or Radio service'
>
> I am guessing that the Transport Stream is tagged differently and being
> rejected by MythTV ?

I managed to scan for and pick up both the satellite and terrestrial test
channels yesterday (using svn). Both seem to be broadcasting intermittently
at the moment however  - which may be why your scan didn't work?

Neither channel will play though - the ffmpeg decoder isn't happy with the
h.264 stream. Looks like every ffmpeg based solution fails (e.g vlc, mplayer
etc). I've only managed to decode with one Windows app on my work laptop (at
3 fps!) and I'm not even close to understanding the h264 codec enough to
debug it...

Mark