[mythtv] Branches....

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 10 09:01:56 UTC 2006

Jochen Kühner wrote:
> I see that there are different Branches....
>
> Can anyone tell what the difference between them is and if it is pland ton
> include them later in the main branch???

I'm not authorative on this but here's what I know/think.

mythtv-vid: Daniel's rehashing of the video output layer.
mythtv-eit: Daniel's rehashing of EIT data handling with DVB streams.
mythtv-softpad: An experiment with a different padding mechanism in the
scheduler to fit in recorded programs better.

These are all experiements that require more testing than just a simple
patch and rather than p155 off those using SVN regularly (as a lot of
Myth Users do), these are developed in separate branches and tested by
those with an interest in the functionality.

AFAIK, they will all be merged back to truck once there are deamed stable.

I believe that you are working on multiple transports recording as is
Aaron McCarthy (#1772), so the softpad branch may have some interest for
you. The other two probably wont get in the way (tho' not 100% sure if
EIT stuff will affect this in any way?)

I think that is correct.

Col.

--