[mythtv] A hello - and quick patch question

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Wed May 10 16:58:24 UTC 2006

First a quick 'hello':   Hi!

And now the question:

I've modified mythmusic to provide a "slideshow"
visualization option.  This simply steals two settings from
mythgallery (gallerydir and slideshowdelay) and displays a photo slideshow
while listening to music.

This was done for my wife (so
she can stare at baby pictures while listening to music) and so I
developed it against 0.19-fixes instead of the trunk.  I'd like to
share the work with others (as it seems to be something many people want)
but also realize that mythmusic is slated for overhaul.

So, how should I go about sharing this?  It would likely apply
easily to mythmusic in trunk (as there seem to be very few changes in that
plugin since 0.19) but there's that question of mythmusic being
overhauled..   I'm entirely too lazy to make and submit a patch
file if I know for certain it won't be used, but I also don't want to
create additional headaches for others...

Thanks
Gary