[mythtv] mythfilldatabase, "normal" lineups, and freqid

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Thu May 11 12:31:15 UTC 2006

Anduin Withers wrote:
> I've seen a few people report channel issues with the Data Direct stuff
> (most recently Chris Petersen). I did some minimal digging and found that if
> <fccChannelNumber> is set in <station> it is used for the freqid, which
> makes sense until it doesn't.

I ran into this situation when I did a "bare metal" install and started
my mythconverg database from scratch about one month ago.  Once I
realized that I was recording A&E rather than Fox (and missed an episode
of "24") I examined the channel table and saw pretty much what you had
discovered.

I believe that this is still an issue in SVN (unless the patch didn't
register in my mind when I went through -commits), so if you haven't put
together a patch I'm willing to test it out.