[mythtv] State of play Re. DB support (MySQL versions, Postgresql etc.)

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Sun May 14 01:24:45 UTC 2006

On Saturday May 13 2006 04:03, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I guess it should just select the id out again with another query then.
> I'm sure I can change the few places I've used the lastInsertId()
> function to do a select statement for the sake of saving hassle in the
> future. :)
>
> The mythweb side of things is a little more complex. Perhaps Chris can
> comment on using e.g. one of the Pear or Pecl wrappers for databases?

I'd say go ahead and use "query.lastInsertId()", since that's what is used in the mythtv code, for consistency.

The db classes in #240 use "SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()", when talking to MySQL, so does MSqlQuery.  In the next patch for #240, I'll make the integration with MSqlQuery more seamless.   Thanks for pointing that out.

As far as the mythweb plugin, someone else will have to shed some light on that for us. :-)

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com