[mythtv] State of play Re. DB support (MySQL versions, Postgresql etc.)

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun May 14 19:03:29 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> It won't.  If anything, we'll be moving to an embedded db w/ a custom server
> on top of that.

I've seen some comments about SQLite right enough... Not had the best of
experiences with SQLite myself (speed wise), but then you don't
specifcally say SQLite so I wont put words in your mouth!!

Anyways, quick question, should I use ::lastInsertId() or code such that
I can reselect out the id based on the value inserted?

And do you see any use for the multi row insert wrapper class mentioned
earlier in this thread? I can create it if you want, but wont bother if
it's not gonna be of any use? I only mentioned it as I think I recall
some people mentioning the database being hammered in earlier threads...
Perhaps e.g. mythfilldatabase could use it? (I don't know that code so I
am just guessing here).

Col.