[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9915 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 16 01:23:02 UTC 2006

tj wrote:

> [...]
Not sure. I forgot about this message, and I just put in my 5200 to test
something. The 5200 is an NV34, and I don't seem to have any OSD
problems with it either.

> Can you attach your xorg.conf file for me to have a look? I wanna see
> what is making me see watermarks. Must be something so simple (or
> hard) I couldn't figure it out.
See attached, although I am using XFree.

> It's definitely better than before, now I see only only edges and
> borders where previously there's text.
>
> IIRC mythtv-vid has been merged back to trunk. You can check that out
> and see if your still having problems.
Actually I think it was the other way 'round, trunk changes were merged
into -vid.

>     > Also, when I use XvMC decoding, I realised that sometimes the
>     top 5-10%
>     > don't match the rest of the frame. Anybody seeing this as well?
>     >
>     Yes, actually, I do see this problem sometimes. I thought it was my
>     setup as I just added a Grandtec video convertor, but if someone
>     else is
>     seeing that, maybe it's not the Grandtec...
>
> I see it sometimes also, but not all the time.
>

> I'm so tempted to turn overscan for my PC, it might just hide the
> watermarks and that top frame problem...
I think I found the solution to that problem, thanks to another post in
-users:

* nvidia-settings (X In X Server XVideo Settings:
X Video Texture Adapter|Sync to VBlank (Highly important!)
_ Video Blitter Adapter|Sync to VBlank

In OpenGL Settings:
X Sync to VBlank
X Allow Flipping.

* mythfrontend's Setup|TV Settings|Playback
X Deinterlace playback | Bob (2x framerate)
Preferred MPEG2 Decoder: libmpeg2 (I can't say I've seen a difference
here between this and Standard.)
X Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing (RTC timing, used when
unchecked, also works fine, as long as dev.rtc.max-user-freq24
appears in /etc/sysctl.conf)
X Enable realtime priority threads (irrelevant, as I haven't actually taken
the steps to let mythfrontend run in realtime)
_ Use video as timebase
X Extra audio buffering

What happens with different settings:
* _ Video Texture Adapter|Sync to VBlank (Video tearing, so that the
  top 1/6 of the picture appears slightly behind or ahead of the rest)

I made my settings the same as above, and now I don't have the tearing at the top of the picture.