[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9915 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 16 14:35:28 UTC 2006

htpc wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> tj wrote:
>>
>>>     > Also, when I use XvMC decoding, I realised that sometimes the
>>>     top 5-10%
>>>     > don't match the rest of the frame. Anybody seeing this as well?
>>>     >
>>>     Yes, actually, I do see this problem sometimes. I thought it was my
>>>     setup as I just added a Grandtec video convertor, but if someone
>>>     else is
>>>     seeing that, maybe it's not the Grandtec...
>>>
>>> I see it sometimes also, but not all the time.
>>>

>>> I'm so tempted to turn overscan for my PC, it might just hide the
>>> watermarks and that top frame problem...
>>>
>> I think I found the solution to that problem, thanks to another post
>> in -users:
>>
>> * nvidia-settings (X = check, _ = no check)
>> In X Server XVideo Settings: X Video Texture Adapter|Sync to VBlank
>> (Highly important!)
>> _ Video Blitter Adapter|Sync to VBlank
>>
>> In OpenGL Settings:
>> X Sync to VBlank
>> X Allow Flipping.
>>
>> * mythfrontend's Setup|TV Settings|Playback
>> X Deinterlace playback | Bob (2x framerate)
>> Preferred MPEG2 Decoder: libmpeg2 (I can't say I've seen a difference
>>

> :) I'm getting tearing problem when I'm using XvMC, so if I use
> libmpeg2, naturally I can't see it (coz XvMC is disabled)... I will play
> with the settings and see if I can remove it. Thanks for the tip.

I also use XvMC and I'm not seeing it now, with the above settings
(aside from the libmpeg2 setting).
> Thanks for your xorg.conf. Your using TV-out (Component, Svideo,
> composite), DVI or VGA
I was using S-Video, but now I am using VGA to a Grandtec convertor.
It's a compromise, but it's the best option that I've got with what I
have. I need to do an image comparison between the 3 cards I have
(nVidia 5200, 6200GT and Quadro 980) to see which ones I can get rid of...

Tom